Visit lake Como from the lake, berths to stop
Domaso is an old fishing village which has conserved in time the characteristics of its past uniting this aspect with a dynamic capacity to welcome tourism. For this reason it has become the most hospitable centre of the Alto Lario, equipped with modern facilities which have made it renowned not only in Italy but also abroad.
Church of San Bartolomeo - Domaso
It was built in the 16th century over a medieval building and later restructured. In the external lunette above the right hand side portal is a beautiful marble sculpture of the -Pietà- ascribed to Rodari (XVI century). Among the many frescoes and numerous paintings stands out an altarpiece in the third chapel on the left ascribed to Procaccini dated around 1600 portraying a "Madonna with Child". In his right hand the plump child almost flaunts a key in front of Saint Peter while the Madonna who is handsomely dressed has features which seem typical of Michaelangelo's works.
In 1992 a fresco dated 1325 was discovered in the opposite chapel. The theme is similar to the former one, but here the Madonna has an expressionless face. In fact at the time it was painted, Domaso was just beginning to recover after having been repeatedly plundered and completely destroyed by a fire. The child is holding a little bird tightly in his hands and is putting his foot forward as if wanting to rise from his mother's lap. Other 18th century frescoes by P. Ligari, a gilded astylar cross by G.P. Lierni (1533) chief goldsmith of Como and a venerated medieval wooden crucifix give importance and prestige to this parish church.
This 18th century villa was originally home to the Serbregondi or rather "Ser Bregondi" a noble family which dates back to XIII century. Today it is the sede of the Town Hall. It is embellished by a garden of camellias, baroque-style balconies and blazons on the outside and frescoed rooms inside.
WHICH BOAT HAVE YOU ?